Montag, 16. September 2013

AMD 1

For my AMD I decided to look at some modern German music. I had some knowledge of these songs from my brother who likes to listen to them. The first is Gott is ein Popstar (God is a Popstar) by Oomph!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0JfEhNOg3A The music video has a lot of symbolism on top of being weird. I think a lot of German music videos are weird. The first verse of this song is almost exactly like the Lord's prayer which is interesting (we could analyze this from a literary point of view but I don't want to). Some neu words are der Bösen is the devil, Versuchung = temptation, Himmel= heaven. The next song is by Rammsterin. It is called "Ich Will" or "I want". http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4K6ZxDwi34 A band at my high school actually performed this song at Deutsch Day at die Universität of Michigan. A lot of the song is easy to know because it repeats ich will like every line. Some new words are Phantasie= fantasy, die Ruhe = energy, and the word verstehen is one we already learned which is the verb to understand. The last song is Neunundneunzig Luftballons by Nena. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LsU8fRvTeCI I like this song a lot. Some new words are Kreigsminister= war minister, Feurwerk= firework, und fliegen= to fly.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.