These blogs were very interesting. I love learning about different cultures and Germans definitely have their own. However, I think Americans complain quite a bit as well. And wonder if that applies more to older people than young. I have some friends from Germany who were exchange students and they hardly ever complained about anything. They were very grateful and sweet. But perhaps that was just because they were in a different country and are more likely to only complain about things in their own country.
I also think it is so funny that they are so nosey, but that does make sense considering the historical value behind it. We in America are so trained to mind our own business "don't stare" etc. so it is so odd for me to hear of a culture where it is normal to find someone just staring at you. And I don't know what I would do if I caught my neighbor just creepin' from their window. I value my privacy and that is just too much.
What I really liked was the article about how honest Germans are. It just makes so much more sense to say what you mean. Americans can be so fake sometimes and Germans seem to understand how to just be real people. What I would like to research into further is how this might effect relationships in Germany in comparison to relationships. (I'm talking all kinds of relationships between people, not just romantic.) I often try to be honest with everyone around me so maybe that is the large percentage of German in my background coming out.
The article about statistics makes me kind of stressed about visiting Germany. I know I would have a lot of research to do because I don't know any specific numbers regarding my state. But I think it is cool that they are so informed about their own country and also so interested in others. They seem to be very involved. Overall, the Germans clearly have some great things and some slightly obnoxious things about their culture, but I would love to experience it personally some day!
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.