Montag, 30. September 2013

Kultur 2 - Kapitel 2 - Alex Charlick




                                I'm not so certain Germans have the monopoly on any of these things; If I had a dollar for every-time I heard an American complain about their cell phones not working fast enough I would have a lot of dollars. Not sure how many, but definitely over 50. I find it interesting that the clean, fast, and efficient German transportation is seen so poorly in Germany; perhaps their refusal to be satisfied with what they have is what drives them to making well designed cars and smashing atoms.

(Geneva counts as a germanic city right?)

I think what makes Germans so well known for their brutal honesty is the fact that is accepted as normal and polite. Brutal honesty isn't unheard of in America or England, but it sure as hell isn't the norm.
(Though some of the newer generations are stepping into that territory)


As for the "Germanic Stare Down", I've never even heard of this before this class. It's interesting, especially noting it's origins in the 20th Century, and the fact that newer generations are less likely to be caught staring people down. It's only been a little over 20 years since the Iron Curtain came down, and the fact that this newer generation is already changing is an interesting display of how quickly cultures can change, which to me is very fascinating.

And just so germans out there can get to know me
West Bloomfield Township, MI
It's 80.9 square kilometers 
Total Population is just under 64,000 people
Local Democratic System part of the United States of America which is a federal republic. 
We have a crazy amount of religions
Mostly Protestant and Jewish
I honestly have no idea what the unemployment rates are, I think the NSA might be keeping them secret.  

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.