Montag, 7. Oktober 2013
AMD 2
Today I went over to my grandma's house (an advantage of living in town) and spoke German with her for around an hour. I admit I ran out of things to talk about in German in about fifteen minutes but she was able to keep the conversation going. A lot of my answers were reduced to a hesitant "Ja" oder "Nein", which in some cases was a nonsensical answer (my grandma kindly reminded me of this by calling me a "Dummkopf"). She talked to me a lot about her experience at the University of Michigan, since we had just learned the appropriate vocab and had the experience in common. Sie studiert Mathematik und Deutsch. She also confirmed the fact that Germans have a tendency to stare at people and complain a lot. I learned the word Gebaeck (the ae is supposed to be an Umlaut) which is the word for cookies. I admit that the word stuck in my primarily because that was my main reward for speaking German with her. She made quite a fuss over my pronunciation of the German "r" sound and I feel that it has improved since. I was grateful that she didn't speak too fast but she did warn me usually Germans speaker much "schneller" and that my grandfather had spoken "am schnellsten" when he was excited about something. All in all it was a great experience and a nice combination of fun and learning.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.