Samstag, 19. Oktober 2013
AMD #3
For my third AMD, I watched a South Park episode in Deutsch. At first, I wanted to try to watch and listen to the episode without the English captions. I could catch a few words here and there such as "kein" and "aber" and some question phrases, but most of the time, the voices were speaking extremely fast. So, of course, I switched to using the closed captions. The episode I watched was "Lil' Crime Stoppers". There were some German words that sounded really similar to English like "okay" but that might be universal phrase to use. Also, the word "doch" was used somewhere in the episode which somewhat helped me better understand the meaning and usage of it. I remember going over that word in class, but it was really confusing to really know when or in what context to say it. I feel "doch" is used when you really want to contradict what someone said or asked. Even if there is no exact English translation, I feel that it's important to learn these kinds of things because they are unique to the German language. It would be nice to respect and appreciate that. And of course, I enjoyed laughs while watching it because not only was it in German(which was fun to listen to) but South Park was being ridiculous as usual.
Abonnieren
Kommentare zum Post (Atom)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.