Montag, 14. Oktober 2013

Callie Chappell- Kultur 3

Eco-Centric Germans: Organic Food Obsessions: This is really great to read. As a strong proponent of organic food, it's encouraging that organic is becoming global and no long simply an "unnecessary luxury".
German Fast Food: Forget the "Mett", Try a "Frikadelle": German fast food is just so much better than here! Schnitzel is always amazing--- even though I have to have "puten schnitzel". I also was surprised about having mayo with pomme frites. I never had it in Germany, but it was certainly big in Belgium. (Where pomme frites were invented....)
Yo Dude, What about the Turks? An Introduction to Germany's Real Fast Food Joints: Turkish immigration in Germany seems to be a contentious issue, and this is certainly indicative of their cultural assimilation. Interestingly, this increase in Mediterranian food has also spread to Ann Arbor..
Teutonic Humor: Vee Have Vays of Making You Laugh: The characterization of Bavarians is right on, especially the language part. Literally the first thing I was told in Bavaria was about their strong accents.
Also, the evolution of WWII humor seems very interesting. It seems like still a very touchy subject.
The Dark Side: Optimists Are Idiots: This seems just like another aspect of German's dreary outlook on life. Although we've read a lot of articles about this, from my experience, this just doesn't seem to be true. I guess I'll just have to return to Germany and see!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.