Mittwoch, 11. Dezember 2013

AMD 6 Connor Laporte


For my final AMD I decided to watch Inglorious Basterds in German and only toggling English subtitles on when I felt myself to be in desperate need of them (which I found to be less than I had expected). It only seemed fitting to watch this movie in German and I admit that it was one of the few movies that didn’t seem too strange dubbed in German, probably because it is already a very multi-lingual film so they only had to dub the English parts of the film. Since I am so familiar with the plot of the film I did not have to turn the English subtitles on too much, only in the parts of the movie that were less memorable so that I couldn’t count on my meager knowledge of German along with my memory of the plot.  While most of the movie seemed relatively normal, and some did not have to be dubbed because it was already in German, hearing the person who dubbed Brad Pitt’s character say “Bonjour-no” in an odd German attempt at a poor French accent. Hearing these movies in German gives a great idea about the basic differences in pronunciation between the two languages. All together this German viewing highlighted the progress I have made this semester. At the start of this semester this would have been a very painful viewing and I would have had to keep English subtitles on but now I feel I am much more proficient so I can make it by with just the German in many cases. This made me very proud and I can’t imagine what I will be able to do after German 102.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.