Montag, 9. Dezember 2013

Kultur 6 - Scott Aldworth

I found these readings pretty interesting. I drew similarities between satirical shows like "The Daily Show" and "The Colbert Show" and Germany's "Bild Zeitung". In both of these forms of media, politicians and other important cultural figures are heavily criticized. It seems as though Bild Zeitung is a little more straightforwardly offensive and mean than it is funny. Either way, both have millions of devout followers. German Privacy: Come On in, My Door is Always Closed was also an interesting read. Small cultural norms like this one - that it is appropriate to knock loudly on a door and barge in - are helpful for someone like me to know as I want to study abroad in Germany next year. Division Hell: Worshipping the Garbage God was frustrating to read. I would be very confused as was the person that the author mentioned in the article described it. When my Oma, who is from Germany, was still alive, she had similarly over-complicating tendencies. I never really noticed it as a little kid, but my parents still complain about how complicated she made everything.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.