Dienstag, 10. Dezember 2013

Kultur 6

I'm kind of disappointed that a newspaper like Bild is read throughout Germany. There's nothing I hate more than twisted propaganda that goes as far to claim "we form your opinion so you don't have to." I can't stand seeing prints like The Enquirer here in the States and I figured Germany was above that. I suppose not.

I also don't really understand the closed door policy prominent in German culture. Why do they feel the need to be so off-putting and aggressive? I think that a closed door policy limits the production and spread of new ideas because it is so difficult to express your idea with those in power.

The article about the complexity of the garbage cans restored my faith in the Germans. I really respect that they expect more out of their people than we do. I think that we simplify everything to the point that intelligence is a luxury in American culture, not a necessity. They force their citizens to understand and it seems that it works out for them. I wish we would mimic this.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.