Sex, Smut and Shock: Bild Zeitung Rules Germany: I thought it was interesting how the Bild hyperbolizes actual events, rather than just inventing sensational stories. Personally, this seems better than publishing outright fiction. I also thought it was hilarious that the motto is "we form your opinion so you don't have to."
German Privacy: Come On In, My Door Is Always Closed: This aspect of German culture encapsulates many aspects of the culture in general. In line with what we've learned about German privacy. Here in the US, people seem to rarely keep their doors closed. It's good to understand the cultural norms in a world where door-knocking is actually a valuable skill.
Division Hell: Worshipping the Garbage Gods: I definitely noticed this when I was in Germany. Even my host families had up to 4 different waste bins under their sinks for different kinds of waste. It was rather overwhelming. Everything had its exact place, and way to dispose of it.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.