Montag, 9. Dezember 2013

Kultur sechs Zech

The first article wasn't much of a surprise to me. Sex is popular in Germany. After learning about how sex shops are so common, I was wasn't surprised to see that porn is something popular. The second article, however, was more interesting to me. It talked about German "Privacy". I was astonished to find that if a door is closed a German wouldn't just leave, but he/she will knock loudly indicating that they are they. I find that to be so disrespectful. In America it's perfect; if the door is open we can knock lightly and ask if they are available, and if it is closed we might either knock lightly to see if anyone is there or available, or just come back later. What if someone was stressed out and closed their door to avoid even more disturbance, and then suddenly they jump to the sound of banging on the door. Exactly why the respect of privacy with doors is better in America.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.