Montag, 2. Dezember 2013

AMD 6 - Henry Warrington

For my sixth AMD, I watched the movie Sommersturm. The movie is about two best friends, Tobi and Achim, during a summer crew competition. Before the competition, Tobi and Achim's team are disappointed when the Berlin Women's team is replaced by another German team where all the members are gay. Tobi's team spends a lot of the movie coming to terms with being around and becoming friends with the gay team. At first they worry about the other team coming into their tents at night and ends with the two teams being friends. Also Tobi and Achim grow apart during this trip because Achim becomes closer with his girlfriend while Tobi realizes that his feelings toward Achim are more than just that of good friends. One of the Berlin rowers helps Tobi deal with those feelings and helps him be more confident about who he is. By the end Tobi admits his sexuality to Achim and that helps to repair their friendship.

I found myself relying on the subtitles a lot since they were talking so quickly and there weren't too many phrases that were repeated for me to catch but there were still times when I would pick out words and phrases. At the beginning of the race they did a countdown "Drei, zwei, eins!". Also whenever the team was at a table and somebody said something they liked, they all knocked on the table and I realized that I got really excited for knowing why they were doing that.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.