Montag, 4. November 2013

AMD 4 Connor Laporte


For this week’s AMD I created a livemoca.com account and chatted with a few people in German. I selected the “Ich mag Katze” level as my proficiency. The website was a little hard to figure out so I started off by doing the beginning lessons and getting a pretty generous star rating. I felt very smart while blowing through these lessons on the German Alphabet  and Greetings but then realized I needed more points so I decided to earn point by reviewing other people’s attempts at English. I thought wow, they sound hilarious I really hope that isn’t what I sound like. Apparently it is, as my first language partner to leave a text message “Adrian R.” so kindly told me. He gave me 2 on pronunciation, a 3 on vocab, and another 3 on grammar but the note he left saying “Nein, Man” was what really stung. I was just innocently describing the pets of this kid in my slaughtered German when this mean spirited German swooped in and dashed my dreams. I guess the Germans really are brutally honest. Or maybe I’m just not at the “Ich mag Katze” level after all.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.