Sonntag, 17. November 2013

AMD 5

For this AMD, I read the articles that Hartmut displayed as options. I like the article titled "How Do You Say 'Blog' In German?" more than I did the Wikipedia article on 'Denglisch'. The article I liked basically said that the English language donates a lot to the German language. Our language has helped simplify theirs, which I think is really staggering. It doesn't really seem like they would want something like that. It turns out, though, that most Germans appreciate it. The linguistic conservatives are the ones who oppose it. They believe that by adding English words to the German language, the German language will see a certain demise. I think they're nuts. There's nothing wrong with simplifying something so that it's easier for everyone. I understand where they're coming from, but I think they need a reality check. They are really opposed to globalization, but, honestly, it's probably the best thing for them.
The Wiki article on 'Denglisch" was sort of boring. It was really factual and not all about how Germans really feel about it. It was basically about how Germans use the English language, such as large companies, for simplification, and every-day words that they put to use.
Personally, I'd much rather say 'laptop', with a German accent, than 'Klapprechner', but that's just me.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.