Samstag, 16. November 2013

Kultur 5

I thought the articles for Kapitel 5 was pretty relevant to our society today. I grew up in the suburbs of a largely populated city so I didn't really experience the hectic, busy crowds trying to push there way to their destination. The thought of people not saying 'Excuse me' after bumping into you seems rude, but that doesn't apply to all Americans. There are some regions in the U.S. where people just don't pay attention to that kind of courtesy. Especially in the larger cities like Chicago and New York, you won't find many that will pardon themselves after making contact with others on the street. Though it may be somewhat stereotypical, I find it true that in the largely populated cities, aggression among the population is increasingly prominent.
I'm really curious about how people in the U.S. would react to sex shops springing up all of a sudden in busy areas where families and children are exposed to them. And I always thought the windows would be clear and open to what's inside, but I guess not in America since censorship is a strong dictator here. And the article about the Klofrau just makes me appreciate the other underrated jobs out there like janitors. They really deserve more credit for their work. But I find it a bit ridiculous that a cleaning lady would be standing in the bathroom all day to collect only change.
The Brennpunkt Kultur text about Hamburg makes me want to visit the place. It appears to have a lot of history and since it's the birthplace of Brahms, that nicely appeals to me. And friendship is something I take very seriously. But in America, it's common to see people with superficial relationships with others. I prefer to live my life with real friends that I'd like to share some intimacy with. I definitely have a lot more acquaintances than friends, because true friends are special and rare to have in this world, and I'm really thankful for having them in my life.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen

Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.