For the fourth AMD, I decided to watch an episode of a German soap opera that I had stumbled upon on youtube a few weeks back. The show is called Verbotene Liebe (Forbidden Love). This episode had a very stereotypical soap opera story line. One of the couples, Christian and Olli, was fighting because Christian had cheated during a drunken one night stand while in England for work. During the course of the episode Christian spent much of the time begging for forgiveness and trying to prove his love again because he was going back to England for another year for work and did not want to leave on a bad note. Since he was constantly trying to reaffirm his love he constantly said "Aber ich liebe dich". With only a few hours until his flight left, a friend locked the two of them in their bedroom to force them to talk (seriously who has a lock on their bedroom door that can be locked from the outside? What is this a prison? Oh well soap opera magic!) Eventually Olli finds the spare key to unlock the door but right as he is about to tell Christian to leave to catch his flight he finally decides to talk about the issue. They go over all the events leading up to Christian's one night stand and eventually make up. Their friend finally comes back to unlock the door to find in unlocked and the couple in bed. She then says, "See there isn't a problem that can't be fixed with sex." And the couple responds that sex is what caused their problems.
It was definitely interesting to watch the show in German and be able to catch snippets of conversation. It was still very hard to catch separate words but I could usually catch the first and last words in a phrase and if I knew what they were saying based on the subtitle I could sometimes hear some of the words in the middle. As interesting as it was I think I'll stay away from soap operas for now.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen
Hinweis: Nur ein Mitglied dieses Blogs kann Kommentare posten.